(keitai-l) Re: phone specs

From: Steve Oldmeadow <steve_at_smoco.com>
Date: 06/23/04
On 22 Jun 2004 at 14:26, Jonathan Shore wrote:

>  I'm looking for detailed technical phone specifications:
>
>     - resolution
>     - type of LCD including whether RGB or BGR subpixel layout
>     - memory available to midlets (midlet size / heap size)
>     - processor performance (integer, graphic OPs)

For which phones?  Or are you after this for all phones!

www.jbenchmark.com is of some use but that only relates to J2ME MIDP 1.0 and
MIDP 2.0 phones.  Their data doesn't take into account vendor specific APIs or
device idiosyncracies - as an example of what I mean: you can run a Sharp GX20
and GX30 at twice the resolution quoted by jbenchmark by including a special
attribute in the jad file.

Other than that most of my info is cobbled together from developer guides available
from manufacturer sites or actual device testing.

Steve