(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode Usage in Japan and NTTDoCoMo Statistics

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/24/04
 >>While I don't have the actual statistics for usage,

Hi: the following article from Kyodo, gives you some idea
of email and phone useage with teenagers collected by
Japan's Police. So: 30.5 i-mode etc emails/day is quite a
bit.
Gerhard

| Delinquent students use cell phones more frequently
| TOKYO (Kyodo)  — Students either arrested or taken into
| custody for misbehavior or suspected crimes make far more
| calls and send more email messages from their cell phones
| than their peers, the National Police Agency said in a
| survey released Thursday.
| The survey showed delinquent junior and senior high school
| students make an average 7.7 phone calls and send an average
| 42.6 email messages a day from their cell phones. Their
| nondelinquent counterparts make an average 2.7 phone calls
| and send out an average 30.5 email messages a day. (Kyodo News)

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html