(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/30/04
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> To clarify this - what's written below is not correct.
> Edy and SUICA are competitors, Felica is the platform.

I think, actually, you are the one that's mistaken here.

> There are no Edy enables SUICA cards!!!

Perhaps not. But there certainly could be. It would not be difficult at all.

> There is no Wordperfect enabled MS-Word!!!

This is where I think your analogy goes wrong; a Suica card IS a Felica,
though a WordPerfect is not a Windows.

You can certainly run Microsoft Word on a PC that has a big
"WordPrefect" sticker on the front of it.

I suppose you could talk about it in terms of the Suica application
running on a Suica-branded Felica card, if you really felt like making
the distinction about the name on the card.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org