(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo announces N900iL FOMA-WLAN-Linux handset

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/15/04
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Ken Chang wrote:

> http://www.nttdocomo.com/presscenter/pressreleases/press/pressrelease.html?param[no]=470

Worse yet, how does a normal person get hold of one of these, not to
mention enough information to set up the VoIP?

    The dual-network solution targets corporate users, and will be
    marketed through DoCoMo's corporate business division and partner
    companies. The system will not be available through DoCoMo shop
    locations.

Of course, they're now removing other good stuff to get this:

    This handset does not feature i-appli DX, Infrared Communications,
    or Chara-den.

Oddly enough, to me these first two seem to be features that would
be useful to businesses. i-appli DX is great for push messaging, for
example (stock updates, urgent notices, today's meeting schedule), and
infrared makes it easier to exchange contact information.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org