(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo announces N900iL FOMA-WLAN-Linux handset

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/15/04
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> The Feature has a good analysis of DoCoMo's VoIP strategy at
> http://www.thefeature.com/article?articleid=100878
>
> Yet another walled garden I'm afraid.

Well, now that I think about it, no big surprise there.

You know, someone like Yahoo could probably make a killing in the
portable VoIP terminal market if they could resolve a few of the
problems with it. Teaming up with a PHS carrier might be part of the
solution.

In fact, a PHS carrier might at this point be willing enough to
cannabalize what little voice revenue they have left to deploy a large
VoIP system using WiFi and either PHS voice or an expanded PHS data for
backup.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org