(keitai-l) FOMA(/UMTS)/GSM dual-mode handset N900iG

From: Noriyasu <noriyasu_at_web.de>
Date: 07/16/04
Hi,

I found out some time ago, DoCoMo is planning to release some 900iG Foma/GSM
dual-mode handsets until end of 2004.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/corporate/investor_relations/referenc/presentations/pdf/20040507/p13.pdf

Also Takano-San was talking about using Foma handsets in Europe in an interview.

Now I have found something about the 900iG on wind.it
http://www.wind.it/it/media/comunicati/comunicati3023.php
My Italian is not so good, but it is saying NEC N900iG will be coming end of
2004. It is announced with Samsungs Z105 and SE Z1010. So I think it will be
UMTS ready, too. (some kind of triple-mode since Foma is not compatible to UMTS,
right?)

Does anybody know some further information about 900iG?
Features? Other manufactures than NEC?

Thank you in advance,
Noriyasu