(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push technology

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/03/04
Please look at our imode-FAQ:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

There is no SMS for i-mode. FOMA has SMS implemented
but usage is very low, because email is so much better.

I don't know what exactly you mean by "push".
You can just send email to i-mode subscriber
email addresses, but you need to have the
email addresses first.

Be aware that SPAM is a big problem on i-mode, and
DoCoMo is doing a lot against spam including
court action. So if you plan to send a huge amount
of unsolicited emails you are likely to run into
difficulties and into DoCoMo's anti-spam measures.

There are many kinds of commercial opt-in email lists.
You can take advantage of those, and you can use
"message free" and "message request" - however you'll
have to pay for those.

Gerhard Fasol

Dimitris Tzanerakis wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I've been trying in the past few days to find info on
> how can push technology be implemented in an i-mode
> mainframe? I'm especially interested in push through
> sms rather than email. Any pointers as to where I can
> find info and/or examples (the web, books, etc) would
> be very appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Dimitris Tzanerakis
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/