(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push technology

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/04/04
Nik, can you tell me (us) a little more about the polling mechanism?  My guess
is this is what keeps a connection alive at some electronic level, and is thus
built into the hardware.  So then it wouldn't be available to a developer who
wants to push some custom info like, say, baseball scores.

So, yeah I guess push is kind of a matter of degree.  I mean, email, an
incoming call, or the (proprietary?) weather feature are all examples of info
being pushed to the handset.  Too bad there's not a java email API for the
handsets.  That would get around the limitation of not having an IP address.

--Jason