(keitai-l) Re: wireless broadband in Japan

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/11/04
The only flat rate data is H" by DDI-Pocket (or equivalent
service by DoCoMo).
How much it costs will depend on the data rate you want.
for 64kbps it's about YEN 6000/month and for
128kbps it's about YEN 9000/month flat.

3G by DoCoMo, AU or Vodafone offers you much higher
data rates, AU-WIN up to 2.4 Mbps, but the fees are
much higher and there is no flat rate.

We have graphics comparing all the different data
costs depending on usage / month in our 3G report
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/3G/
- if you go for 3G then whether DoCoMo, Au or Vodafone
is cheaper or better depends very much on the
details of what you need.

Hope this helps

Gerhard

Harry Boner wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> I'm new to this list. This fall I will be coming to Japan for a few
> months. I would like to have internet access for my laptop when I'm
> there. I think wireless will be the only option because of my lodging
> conditions. Hopefully I will be able to find highsspeed wireless access
> at a flat rate. Could someone on this list please tell me if such a
> service is offered in Japan? How much does it cost. If it matters, I
> will be in Nagasaki and Oita.
>
> thank you very much,
> Harry
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/