(keitai-l) file:// and offline phone browsing

From: Flight Sixteen <flightsixteen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 09/28/04
Hello,

I've been searching forums, mailing lists, and google for the last week but
haven't found much on this topic.  I was wondering if it's possible to get a
phone (specifically AU's A5506T) to load wml/hdml/xhtml files stored locally
on the phone.  When I try file://myfile.wml it gives me a malformed url
error.  Is there _any_ way, even with a brew app, to do this? (I know Opera
announced a full internet browser, but no dates have been given)

If only the phone had a JVM...

Flight16