(keitai-l) Re: Using Just One Markup Language

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/12/04
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Christopher Kobayashi wrote:

> If I recall correctly, for the project we decided to only support UP
> browsers 6.0 and above. This let us code only with XHTML.

Do the older AU phones not work with XHTML? I just tried a two-year-old
Tuka (UP.Browser/3.04-KCTA UP.Link/3.4.5.6) and it didn't, but I'm
hoping that the gateways actually do the trick when it comes to the AU
phones. Certainly an somewhat old A1300 series phone (claiming to be a
"KDDI-TS25 UP.Browser/6.0.8.3 (GUI) MMP/1.1") worked fine when I did a
quick test against our CHTML site, and I'd understood that that series
had WML browsers on the phone.

> The reason for not supporting anything lower was the web server log
> stats for a separate mobile site showed less than 1% for anything
> lower the 6.0 browsers. I don't remember if the reports showed total
> User Agent or browser ...

Well, I'm definitely recording these stats with the next site rollout....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***