(keitai-l) Re: PNG tools

From: Kalle Ounapuu <kounapuu_at_tirawireless.com>
Date: 10/21/04
I just tried Gauntlet out. It seems to be a GUI for PNGOut.

PNGOut is one of the tools used in Megaopt.

I just ran a batch of images through Gauntlet and Megaopt to compare. Gauntlet delivered like 100 bytes less. Why does this happen when both tools have PNGOut as a tool...

Perhaps there are custom parameters not being used in Megaopt that work better than using defaults... or Gauntlet has a newer version of PNGOut.

I will look more into it. This is important stuff for us, especially squeezing games down past 64k jar limit, lol.

KO