(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Video Telephony

From: Darren Luckett <darren_at_ukmedia.us>
Date: 10/26/04
hello,

benedict hit the nail on the head. 3g is primarliy about extra bandwidth.
how many people here have made a voice call on foma. I have an the quality
is excellent - much better than a landline.

the quality of calls also extends to international. making a call to the uk
i am almost always told by the receiver that the call quailty is as if i am
in the next room.

video telephony is an extra function. i agree that making a video is
difficult. well talking is as unless you have a handsfree- its very
difficult to hear the caller. for me, that sound issue is the biggest
problem. in terms of making a vid call, its easy - press the video call
button. in relation to whether vid calls are any good i would say yes they
are. i called my friend in the uk with a 3 phone and the pic quality was
amazing. the sensation i was left with after the call was that i had entered
the next phase of communication - my friend felt so also. it was an
experience i will never forget. suck it and see as they(?) say...

darren