(keitai-l) Re: Flash based iPod any sense?

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 10/28/04
>  says he expects Apple will release both a Flash-based and photo iPod,
> but not before the end of the year.

So he isn't exactly reliable, is he - given that the colour ipod was
released the day after his report was given to customers....

Apple has an (almost) end to end system - a store, a download method
(broadband to desktop, then firewire), light DRM, a backup method and a
portable player with bags of storage - all of it seamless and cross
platform (not linux yet though). It "just works" - with a couple of
clicks....

MP3 players on phones are "sporks" (not a fork, not a spoon - in other
words, it doesn't do anything very well) that do NOT really have a
seamless "click click done!" system... Can I play the phone's MP3's
through my stereo and STILL take phone calls? No? - then it's a
spork...

So yes, I think this is good news for apple and bad news for phones.

Nick