(keitai-l) Re: amazon iappli

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/24/04
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, nick may wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2004, at 5:53 PM, Jason Pollard wrote:
>
> > Gizmodo is reporting this story about Amazon.co.jp's barcode scanner
> > iappli.
>
> What enquiring minds want to know is how long it will take for some
> developer out there to come up with the same thing - but allowing
> associates to embed associate ids and make them available for download
> on their websites....

I'm amazed nobody's implemented this yet. I had the idea to do this
about four years ago, though the technology I had available at the time
was a bit more awkward and expensive (Palm Pilot with wireless modem and
bar code scanner). I just never got around to finding enough spare time
to code up more than a quick demo.

I did end up using some of that software, a wired scanner and Amazon web
page scraper to catalogue my entire book collection as I was packing it
up when leaving New York, though.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***