(keitai-l) Re: iPaq 6315 GSM PDA Phone

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/08/04
They will not work at all in Japan as a phone (of course you
can use any function which does not depend on the radio connection).

As it says, this is a GSM phone, and in Japan there is no GSM system,
so you will be just out of range.

We have a report on the various radio systems deployed in Japan:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/jcomm/

There are lots of different networks deployed in Japan, however
none of them is GSM, and most likely never will be.

Gerhard

Admin Account wrote:
> Just out of interest, how would one get one of these
> Brand New UNLOCKED HP iPaq 6315 GSM PDA Phone h6315
> http://store.mymd.com/
> onto a Japanese carrier's system? Would one have to rent a phone here
> and use the sim card? Are there any "step by step guides" available?
> Nick
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/