(keitai-l) Re: Query regarding docomo phones

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 01/09/05
reks mk <haidhey@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am a new member of this forum. I have a query and I will be really grateful if you
> can help me out with this. Is it possible to store and retrieve values from JAR file
> just like how we can store and retrieve data from the scratch pad????

You can read from the JAR but cannot write to it.  This generally
applies to all Java platforms from J2ME through J2EE.

InputStream in = getClass().getResourceAsStream("/path");

On handsets you can read properties from the JAD file.  (You can only
read one property value from a JAM file.)

If you want to persist values on MIDP handsets, you have to use the
record store (RMS) -- and curse that you don't have a scratchpad.

In the future you'll be able to use the JSR-75 "file:" connector and
you can stop cursing.