(keitai-l) Re: Session Handling for Keitai

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/02/05
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, nick may wrote:

> ...why would absolute addresses be a problem if you just need the
> OCCASIONAL absolute address? ... For that link alone, you could throw
> the session id on the end.....

In fact, it's just that simple, though I do it at the beginning. My
templating system will insert the session ID into

     link to foo

so that the link will do the right thing; our logged-out top page, our
login page and our registration page have this for all links, because
these are where people come into the site without a session ID.

However, the current issue is knowing where you do and don't need to do
this.

Now, of course, I've just realised I'm a dork. <slap!> I need two things
to subsitute; one for absolute addresses when I really need them, and
another that just looks to see if a session ID was submitted and leaves
{SIDLINK} blank if it was, and and fills it in if not. Then I just have
somehow to make sure the web designers don't forget to put this in....

> alternatively, couldn't you handle the session yourself and store the
> phone id (assuming it sends one)...

The phones don't send one. I get a bit of model and setting information,
but two phones of the same model are most likely to be indistinguishable
to me, with the requests even coming from the same IP address.

(I might well be using this for docomo phones if we were an official
site, but even so it's another 12-15 bytes added to each link.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***