(keitai-l) Re: Newer emoji emulators

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 02/03/05
On 2005 Feb 03, , at 11:52, Paul Lester wrote:

> Besides the basic set(s) of emoji there's quite a few standard (and
> nonstandard)
> newer ones.

What's standardised about emoji ;)

Japanese and non-Japanese mobiles use different sets, different mobiles
support different sets all of which are entered with three different
encoding methods = a pretty piss poor implementation of a "standard".

>     Are there any better emoji emulators out there, or do I keep
> having to
> use the handsets (which is better cause different handsets act
> differently,
> but I don't always have a handset handy).

There was a company that used to offer an emoji font and this may have
been updated to support the latest emoji sets. My Mimic emulator stops
with the basic set (http://pukupi.com/resources/emoji/) but I would
expect DoCoMo to update their own emulator at some point to support the
latest emoji (http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/flash/tool2.html)

Cheers

Kyle

--

mobile web gear | pukupi.com | 34°40'n 135°30'e