(keitai-l) Re: New Topic: Response to VF Bashing (was RE: Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli))

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/15/05
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Frengle, Nik, VF-JP wrote:

>> How exactly is portability going to affect the market?
>
> It will probably become more like Europe or the U.S. in one regard: In
> order to be eligible to purchase a subsidised handset, a customer will
> probably be required to sign a one or two year contract.

Interesting: does that mean that the current system for keeping you from
losing money on subsidised phones has a hole in it?

Let's say I go out and start a brand new minimum-price contract with
a shiny new F900iC phone for one yen, immediately cancel it, and then
spend 2000 yen to swap that phone in on my old contract. I'm out 3000
yen for the new contract fee, 4000 yen for the first month--what's the
cancellation charge?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***