(keitai-l) Re: New Topic: Response to VF Bashing (was RE: Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli))

From: Darren Luckett <darren_at_ukmedia.us>
Date: 02/18/05
>For a relatively closed system such as keitai, the vendors are using
>the standards where they matter. I deliver the exact same XHTML web
>pages (yes, exactly the same!--well, except for emoji) to Docomo, AU and
>Vodafone Japan phones, and they all work just fine with my web site.

are you sure that just one xhtml page will render across all platforms.
docomo uses their own version of xhtml,

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//i-mode group (ja)//DTD XHTML
i-XHTML(Locale/Ver.=ja/1.1) 1.0//EN" "i-xhtml_4ja_10.dtd">

and the content type is:

<% response.setContentType("application/xhtml+xml"); %>

whereas voda uses
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">

content type text/xhtml

if you dont specify the docmo as app/xml it wont parse the file and
process the style commands. also,  style data needs to be wrapped in cdata

<![CDATA[
        a:link { color:red }
        a:focus { background-color:yellow color:green }
        a:visited { color:white }
    ]]>

plus, the ixhtml has backward compatiablity for imode chtml including
marquee as a css property and as you mentioned emoji.

correct me if the above is incorrect, but that was the only way we could
find to render ixhtml on the 900i and 901i series.

darren