(keitai-l) NYSE

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/18/05
Frengle, Nik, VF-JP wrote:

 > There is a definite cultural gap: As a NYSE-listed company,
 > a lot of importance is placed on how profitable we are,
 > whereas in Japan...

Nik, the culture gap is much less thank you think!

Vodafone and NTT-DoCoMo are both listed on the
NYSE as "American Depositary Shares (ADS)":

NTT DoCoMo Inc.     NYSE ADS -> DCM
Vodafone Group PLC  NYSE ADS -> VOD
KDDI                TSE(1)   -> 9433

Therefore Vodafone and NTT-DoCoMo have essentially the same
pressures on profitability, while KDDI has pressure
here in Tokyo.

Of course this pressure comes primarily from the shareholders,
and secondary from analysist, journalists etc who influence
shareholders. These are different organizations in
the case of Vodafone and NTT-DoCoMo. I guess that in the
case of Vodafone the main shareholders are Pension Funds, while
in the case of DoCoMo it's NTT + Pension funds.

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog                  http://www.eurotechnology.com/