(keitai-l) Re: Convert RingVoice to .mld?

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 02/23/05
    Wait.... first you say voice ringtone... then you talk about chords....
Voice ringtones shouldn't need chords.

   Generally you should use the official tool from Faith (used to be
called MFiTool).  If you use a free or shareware tool, you generally
get what you pay for. I haven't been doing much mld lately....

    I've never tried psmplayer but from the web site it looks a bit dated.
From the web site it looks like it doesn't support a lot of the newer formats.
It may or may not.... I don't know.

    The only problem with making mld voices is size constraints on some
handsets for mlds.  Second depending on the version of mld you need
to make, you may need a different mld for each handset even on the
same carrier.  Without more info, I can't give a useful answer.  I don't know
what all the worldwide handsets support, so even with more info I may not
be able to help.  There's a ton of different ways to encode voice formats
within mld.

    I doubt I can help, so good luck... hopefully something I wrote is useful.

    Lastly check Yamaha's SMAF site.... they used to  provide limited support
for converting SMAF files to MLD files for certain handsets.

http://smaf-yamaha.com/

Stephen Weir wrote:

> Hi, we are having trouble converting ringtone voice to .mld, it works for
> .mmf but when converting to .mld we are given a number of chord options
> (using psmplayer) Does anyone know what it should be converted as?
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> This mail was sent to address paul@thetamusic.com

Paul B. Lester