(keitai-l) Video streaming and broadcast in Japan

From: Debi Jones <debi.jones_at_gmail.com>
Date: 02/25/05
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone here enlighten me on video streaming and broadcast services
in Japan/Asia?  From what I've been able to glean, there are four
solution providers that have traction in Europe and the US, namely,
Apple, Real, Nextreaming and Packet Video (Alcaltel).  What's the
adoption rate or market picture in Japan/Asia.  I know there have been
deployments in Korea, but it's a special case.

What do operators think of the bandwidth requirements to support these
high bit rate services?  Will video and/or broadcast be included in
flat rate plans or will they be priced separately as a premium data
service?

Is there a preference between progressive download versus true streaming?

Thanks,
...Debi