(keitai-l) Re: "Chaku-uta full" downloads cross 3 million

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/07/05
Arjen van Blokland wrote:
 > Hello Gerhard,
 >
 > Thanks for the freebie!
 >
 > As KDDI data are for Japan only, what do the iTunes data represent?
 > World-wide downloads?

Arjen: all these data are just from the Press releases
of these companies. Someone said that there are more
Chaku-Uta downloads than iTunes, so I checked it out.
I guess that Apple's press announcements are probably
the global numbers.

 > Would be interesting to have download data on true-tone
 > (real-tone) downloads outside Japan to make a full comparison.
 > Anybody having recent info on this?

We have information on the global markets in terms of value (US$),
not in terms of downloads in our mobile music report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/momj/

Looks like Japan is again pretty in advance over the rest
of the world, where polyphonic ringtones are still dominating.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog                  http://www.eurotechnology.com/