(keitai-l) Re: QR UE

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/03/05
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Darren wrote:

>> That's actually "macro" mode: it changes the focus of the lens so that
>> things very close to the lens will be in better focus, at the expense of
>> things further away being less in focus.
>
> Yes, thats right, detail mode. It seemed easier to explain detailled
> mode with the flower icon, rather than macro.

Oh, I also want to make it clear again that whether you want to use this
mode has nothing to do with whether or not you are scanning QR codes. If
the QR code is big and far away (such as the one on a large poster that
used to be in the door of a nearby AM-PM) you do not want to be using
macro mode.

If it's close (within 30 cm, usually, but maybe manual will tell you)
you want to use macro mode. If it's not, you don't. Just test and see
which gives better focus.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***