(keitai-l) Re: QR UE

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/06/05
 > HI Gerhard,
 > Thanks for your reply.  It's quite interesting cos I think
 > the state-of-the-art here in Singapore is roughly 1.3Mega-pixel.
 > Some cameras come with a flash/ photo light, but for most part,
 > the cameras here are quite primitive.
 > Cheers Mohit.

Japan is like a HUGE global telecoms R&D lab. Overall Japanese
people spend typically about 2-5 times more/month on
mobile phones than Europeans do. So there is more cash in
the industry, and the mobile industry in Japan can try out
many avantgarde ideas, which would not pay their way in Europe.

Generally, things in Japan happen about 3-5 years before they
come to GSM markets like Singapore. Some things from Japan never
make it to GSM markets.

An additional factor is that the Singapore market is pretty small
compared to Japan. e.g. in Japan the No. 2 carrier KDDI has
about 25 Million subscribers - how many mobile operators with
25 million subscribers do you have in Singapore? So many things
which are economically profitable to develop in Japan can never
be profitable in Singapore...

We have a lot of infos about Japan's telecom markets on our
website: htt://www.eurotechnology.com/ and in our reports:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/
and in our blog: http://fasol.com/blog/

Best wishes,

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/