(keitai-l) Re: keitai monitoring

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/08/05
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Aaron Stephanic wrote:

> These are good ideas.  I browsed through the DoJa 2.5 API and it looks
> like there's a way to launch the browser with a given (http/https) URL.
>  There's also a way to launch another applet.  I didn't see anything
> for mail however.  The built-in mail application isn't an applet is it?

The standard mail application is part of the system software. However,
i-appli DX phones (505i and later) generally come with a "character
mail" or similar i-appli that uses the standard system mailboxes to
some extent, but presents a new interface. Were you looking at the DX
documentation?

> Requiring external hardware is probably also too much.  But what kind of
> API would it have access to?

You can do things like send mail, navigate menus, etc. I don't know if
you would need to customize the menu navigation on a per-phone basis.

I don't think that there's any cheap way to do what you want to do,
quite frankly.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***