(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone MMS settings

From: Ian Mansfield <Ian.Mansfield_at_amplefuture.com>
Date: 06/22/05
I highly doubt they did make an agreement - as the penalty when found
out would be significant.

This is an example of the free market at work - if one operator reduced
their prices to EUR0.14, then the others would follow suit to protect
their market share.

The reason prices don't fall as that the long-term loss of revenue would
not offset the customer base gain in the few days it would take for the
other operators to respond.

I once happened to take lunch at a Nokia conference - and sat down at
the same table as representatives of T-Mobile, Virgin and Orange just
happened to sit at. None of us knew who the others were until we
introduced ourselves.

I hope no one accuses us of conspiracy and collusion over our menu
choice ;)

> As a note, SMS in Spain have been 15 euro cents each, in all three
operators (Vodafone, Movistar and Auna) since > three, maybe four years
(do you remember where you were 4 years ago?).

> Somebody tell me they did not make an agreement on that.

Amplefuture Ltd,

Amplefuture House, The Quadrant, 135 Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RJ

Switchboard 0870 333 0 777