(keitai-l) Re: AU Phones, Cookies and SSL

From: marcus saw <saw_marcus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/11/05
Hi Curt,

Try URL re-writing to pass a session ID and store all the data in the session on your server instead of a cookie.

Keitais don't accept cookies as a rule, but you said you sent one so now I am confused.. Is this a new feature or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I have done something similar to what you seem to be doing with re-directing pages to https versions and I used sessions to hold all the user specific data and it worked perfectly.

Also are you using a full 'verisign' certificate, because thats the only type that the phones will allow without giving you an annoying 'nag' message.

Marcus
http://cellsuite.blogspot.com

Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> wrote:

On mobile.tabemo.com I have some pages where I accept credit card
information, and of course I want to make certain that the user is
using an SSL connection for them. So if a non-ssl connection is made to
certain pages, I issue a redirect to the same page but prefixed with 'https'.

Unfortunately, AU phones appear not to return the cookie I sent them
over an http connection when they connect again via https. (Mozilla
doesn't have this problem.) This isn't proper behaviour, is it? Does
anybody have any thoughts about how to deal with this?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.NetBSD.org
Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA

This mail was sent to address saw_marcus@yahoo.com