(keitai-l) Re: Qtec9000 smart

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 10/11/05
If you don't mind not being able to use Japanese text, you can buy
different kinds of smartphone in Japan from online shops etc (just
google or search at rakuten.co.jp for example). The only native
smartphones I know are DoCoMo M1000 (Symbian UIQ) and Vodafone 702NK
(and its successor). No Windows-based Japanese smartphone yet. You can
use DoCoMo or Vodafone SIM card on foreign smartphone for voice and sms,
but normally not for EMS/MMS and other services. You need to be careful
when choosing foreign smartphone to be used with DoCoMo SIM card though,
as many DoCoMo base stations are still using old firmware that prevents
it to talk with UMTS phone except Motorola's (A1000, A835, A920, A925,
E1000 etc). Kanto area has more areas with updated firmware that allows
other brands to work with.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:56:42 +0900
"Ian Lai" <Ilai@pts-consulting.jp> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows about the Qtek9000 (smartphone?) or if a
> similar product is available in Japan? If yes, can you please advise
> where I can get it or which service provider offers it? Many thanks!

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]