(keitai-l) Re: google maps

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 11/16/05
Directly download the .jar file:
  http://www.google.com/glm/apps/v1.0.0/gmaps-midp2-f.jar
(or get the right version for your handset, by downloading the .jad file
from http://www.google.com/glm/, open it and use the MIDlet-Jar-URL to
download the .jar file).

Some handsets are able to install the Java app just by running/clicking
the .jar file, but some don't. If your handset cannot install the .jar
file, then create an appropriate .jad file. For example, to install on
802SE I modified the original .jad file to the following:

MIDlet-Name: Google Local
MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
MIDlet-Vendor: Google
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-1.0
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MIDlet-Jar-URL: gmaps-midp2-f.jar
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 94247
MIDlet-Icon: GoogleMapsIcon.png
MIDlet-1: Google Local, GoogleMapsIcon.png, com.google.googlenav.GoogleNav
LeftSoftKey: -21
RightSoftKey: -22
SelectKey: -9994
BackKey: -9991
MenuKey: -9995
UseNativeCommands: false
PlatformID: Motorola-A630
GpsEnabled: false
UseAnimation: true
MaxFlashSize: 0
MaxFlashRecordStores: 32
MaxCacheDataSize: -1
ServerAddress: http://www.google.com/glm/mmap
MIDlet-Data-Size: 5000

This may not be the best way, but the app can now be installed on my
802SE.