(keitai-l) Re: MMS messaging

From: Tim Smith <tim_at_freeverse.jp>
Date: 01/09/06
Hi Tom - agreed. I have been doing quite a bit of this and essentially
there is little (if any) support for 'auto device determination' -
meaning that MMS message with the contents embedded are passive in the
sense that the recipient just plays whatever it gets and hopefully what
it gets is configured for that device. So - one way to approach this:
a) Send MMS with lowest common denominator contents
b) Include a WAP push to get 'enhanced contents'

However - some issues here - in some carrier regions, the user-agent
data is restricted cross-carrier, so you might not get any meaningful
data to your server to provide correct or optimised experience if you
are outside "their gateway".

As for testing, I'm basically relying on local partners to provide
feedback (or gateway) for the contents distribution. In fact, in some
regions you cannot legally provide certain contents without being an
official service provider, so you might need those relationships to
succeed overall.

Tim