(keitai-l) Re: QR codes - used outside of Japan yet?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 01/13/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Jim Levinger wrote:

> To try to solve some of these issues, my firm spent years working on a
> consumer code format called mCode which is specifically designed for
> camera phones and mobile applications.... If you are interested you
> can see how we have approached this quite differently than the way QR
> works.

I'm quite interested.

> There is plenty of info online if you are interested.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be plenty of info on-line. I've
been through both the ConnexTo.com website and the nextcodecorp.com
websites, and can't find any information on the codes that would allow
me to make a realistic comparision with competing codes--not even what
sizes are possible and how much data can be stored.

I don't suppose you've got some technical documentation kicking around,
and perhaps a roadmap for the types of applications you're hoping to
host.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***