(keitai-l) Re: Using QR codes with Vodafone's Nokia Phones

From: Jim Levinger <jlevinger_at_nextcodecorp.com>
Date: 01/17/06
Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear that you were not able to download the ConnexTo code reader
for your phone. Our WAP site senses the phone model and is set up to only
download the appropriate application to supported phones. While we support
the 6680, there must be something that indicates that the 702NKII is not the
same phone. I am happy to send you the .SIS file via email so you can
install it directly to your phone. I just found your email on your site and
I will have one of my folks send you the application. If it works fine for
you, and I expect it will, we can then turn that phone type and allow direct
downloads.

The ConnexTo application directly adds contact detail in to the Nokia's
contact list as you describe. In addition we support SMS messages, URLs,
auto-dial phone number also. We also provide an SDK so we can integrate with
any other phone application too. We would need to know the carrier tags that
are used in Japan but that should be simple to implement. Is there a place
where we can find the tags listed for QR codes?

A bigger issue is likely to be the phone optics. As we indicated, Nokia and
most phones manufactured outside Japan do not include macro lenses. As a
result the QR codes commonly used in Japan may be hard to read at the
typical sizes used with macro lens enabled phones. We will look into this.

Jim