(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone KK

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 03/09/06
    I don't now... I just switched to AU and then switched out as fast as possible.
I didn't like the features of the phone or the network that much.  I wonder if that
research is actually accurate.  And my friends using Vodafone do not plan
on changing at all.

    If you looks at the percentages in that article they are low. Not many people
want to switch!  A few, compared to all users.  It was only 743 users sampled!  (divided into
3 carriers) If it wasn't very high than those numbers mean very little.  Its just a few percent
here and a few percent there, and only 743 people were sampled so the error
bars might very well invalidate quite a bit of the data.  I saw no error bars in the
pie chart!!!!!!

    The order of dissatisfied Vodaphone users was about 3% or 28 users or so.  If
a few change their mind....who knows....  While we have 18.4% about or 168 users with no plan to
change.  So the clear majority of Vodaphone users are indeed satisfied.

    My numbers are based a little on the data.... it gets more complicated if you
think about it more.

    The survey does show that the vast majority of users have no desire to switch
whatsoever.... but it seems to indicate that AU will be the winner of those
few who do wish to change.... but I'm not sure if that was a statistically accurate survey.
(At least it was more than 100 people... that's good some surveys are really bad!).

    The survey was meant to show how users when they found out about number
portability would change their plans to switch phones.

    But you are right even a few percentage points (if the numbers are accurate)
can translate into large numbers of users.

    Sorry I feel like being mean today..... I know I'm going to get slammed for this.

"Arnold P. Siboro" wrote:

> I do think it's a great chance for Vodafone/Softbank, but it needs to
> have something great for switchers, since recent market research shows
> that many more customers in DoCoMo and Vadafone are thinking of
> switching than in au (http://www.interscope.co.jp/release/060223.html).
> So if nothing changes in terms of service/features/handset with Vodafone
> till November this year, we can expect many Vodafone customers to switch
> to au or DoCoMo when number portability starts.
>
> Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)
>
> Technology is dominated by two types of people:
> Those who understand what they do not manage.
> Those who manage what they do not understand.
>                                 -- Putt's Law
>
> This mail was sent to address paul@thetamusic.com

Paul B. Lester
thetamusic.com(有)