(keitai-l) Re: QR codes

From: Bill Pellowe <billp_at_gol.com>
Date: 04/20/06
On 4/20/2006, "Kris Honeycutt" <kris.honeycutt@solid-thinking.com>
wrote:

>I would have to agree with Gerhard.
>While you will no doubt run into some people who do not understand QR codes,
>it is by no means a reflection of the user base on a whole, particularly the
>younger demographic.

I'll chime in with Kris here. When I distribute materials containing QR
codes to university students (generally 19 year olds) in a kind of
remote corner of the country, only a few need to be told how to get
started on it. I've never tallied the numbers, but in each class, for
every first-timer, there seem to be two or three who are able to help
the first-timer find their "accessory" menu.

It's the same with general web browsing, though. There are always a few
who will see a URL and immediately go to the iMode menu to find the
site, and who need to be told how to enter a URL by hand.

- Bill