(keitai-l) Re: Sharp Zero3 from WillCom

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 05/08/06
On Mon, 8 May 2006 14:36:37 +0900
"Andrew Shuttleworth" <andrew.shuttleworth@gmail.com> wrote:

> The package I hear most people go for (and the one I'm on) is the
> roughly 7,000 yen/month one. If my memory serves me correctly it's
> 2,100 for the voice package (which does not included any calling
> credits, but has pretty competitive rates), then 1,000 yen for up to
> 100,000 packets on the data plan. The price then goes up depending on
> packet usage, but tops at 3,800 meaning a max price of 6,900. You can
> also use the SIM card via a USB adapter or using a cable while it is
> still in the W-ZERO3 to connect your PC. When I dial up the little
> Windows XP task try dialog tells me I'm connected at 240 kbps.

I believe your XP was crazy at that time, no Willcom can go more than
128Kbps (this is the 4x speed).

> The camera is terrible so I never use this.

The camera is much lower in functionality and quality than my old au
A5407CA. Often it needs a sunny day outside to take photo with barely
acceptable quality. But I found good use for it: to make photo blog. Get
a client for WM5 that works perfectly with zero3 here http://www.splashblog.com/
and subscribe to it, you can instantly photoblogging in no time, no
hassle.

> Not that you can't currently make or receive calls while connected to
> the internet which could be a hurdle. I believe this problem will be
> solved somewhere down the line.

It is said to be the limitation on W-SIM, not the zero3 itself.

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

"A lie can travel half-way around the world while truth puts on its shoes."
                                         -- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)