(keitai-l) Re: Lengthy review of the WS003SH

From: <houser_at_kinjo-u.ac.jp>
Date: 07/25/06
> Opera Mini is Java-based, so I guess it is less powerful than Opera Mobile.

My DoCoMo M1000 (= Motorola A1000) came with Opera Mobile,
but I installed Opera Mini, and much prefer it.

Opera Mini uses Opera's proxy server, which removes ads and javascript
and compresses pages. This means Opera Mini has high latency (it takes
several seconds to get even a tiny page over wifi) but can comfortably
view even very large pages, pages that would choke any other mobile
browser. Additionally, Mini formats and displays pages much more
legibly. Its UI, including page navigation, searching, bookmarks,
etc., are much more convenient that Mobile, requiring only 1/2 or 1/3
the number of clicks. If you can run MIDP2 apps, I strongly recommend
Opera Mini!