(keitai-l) Re: FOMA phones hacked?

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 09/04/06
landk's business is indeed in a grey area, and most probably landk will
be made guilty anyway (since its business is making heavy loss on
"sondafone" business).
but unlocking itself is supposed to be legal, as it is in other
countries.
the soumusho (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) who
oversees cell phone operators, seems to be working in the direction of
making unlocking a user's right:
http://www.soumu.go.jp/s-news/2006/pdf/060719_2_3_6.pdf (in japanese)
at the moment, no matter how long a user has used the phone and how much
he/she has paid cumulatively to the operator, he/she is not given option
to unlock.