(keitai-l) Re: [SPAM] Re: FOMA phones hacked?

From: Nik Frengle <nfrengle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 09/15/06
On 9/13/06, Pat Griffin <pat@backwardsfish.com> wrote:
>Note keyword *refurbished*
I did :-) There are no refurbishments to my knowledge that include changing
out the radio. Since software radios are not widely used, if at all, in
Japan (there were some J-Phone and Tuka handsets made by Kenwood and a
couple of others quite awhile back that used a software radio, but the
performance was poor, and I believe that they are not used anymore), it
could not be a software hack. If you know of any, do let everyone know, as
that would definitely be on the topic of hacking phones, which is what this
thread started off as.
Best,
Nik