(keitai-l) Re: [SPAM] Re: FOMA phones hacked?

From: <martyn_williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 09/19/06
> I don't understand what incorrect use you are talking about.
> SIM lock does mean network lock that won't let you use SIM other than
> the one it is locked to.

AFAIK, a SIM lock means the phone won't work with any other SIM card - even
from the same carrier. A network lock means the phone will work with any
SIM card from the carrier. I think the Vodafone phones - and most locked
phones out there - are network locked, not SIM locked. However, everyone
refers to it as a SIM lock. But I could be wrong!