(keitai-l) Screen Size

From: dubh <dubh_at_eircom.net>
Date: 11/09/06
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this list for a while. My name's Nevan.

I was wondering where I can find a list of screen sizes commonly used
in Japanese keitai. In the bad old days of the web, there was a site
where you could check what percent of web users were using 800x600
and 640x480. Is there a Japanese equivalent of this?

The reason is that I want to make an content management system for
output to keitai, including photos. I presume that, since all keitai
have different resolutions, I'll need to have a system to output
different size images based on handset. Is this generally the
approach to take, or do the handsets have some kind of automatic
resizing built in? Is there a place where I can find the different
resolutions of handsets, or even a pre-written routine to resize
based on the keitai's browser code?

Thanks

Nevan