(keitai-l) Re: where to get protocol info on foma handset

From: <robinmcf_at_altern.org>
Date: 12/06/06
Hi Curt

ok here's what I've got so far
<bit of background skip this if you wish>
The default programming language on OSX is Cocoa which is buit on the
back of NextStep. It's an object orientated language, which means as
that lowlevel system calls or data are usually encapsulated in an
object, you don't have to deal with them directly. </bit of background
skip this if you wish>

Apple dev has a set of classes available for download called the IOUSB
family whose job is to talk to USB devices. At the moment the project
is stalled while I set up a bootable copy of my HD - once I install the
IOUSB classes, if I haven't got the right software version (as in
complied for the version of OSX on the box I intend to use for
developing the driver) it will lock into a kernal panic at start up,
and the only way to get round this is go through a recovery through
booting up from the cloned copy.

After the install would be the point where I could start writing a
driver. In the run up to the festive season, my day job is filling up
my time at the moment, so unfortunately I probably won't be able to do
anything until after Christmas.

Robin