(keitai-l) Re: iPhone comments

From: Greg Conquest (home) <conquest_at_spamcop.net>
Date: 01/23/07
Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Gerhard Fasol wrote:
>
>> Steve Jobs is not stupid at all - he has proven that he knows what he
>> is doing. I am sure there is a good reason for every decision they
>> have taken.
>>
>> Sure they could have started putting the iPhone onto KDDI's WIN
>> instead of 2G, but maybe the 2G solution is the best one from their
>> business perspective
>
> Again:
>
>      http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2007/pulpit_20070111_001476.html
>
>      This leaves us with the mystery of why Apple deliberately hobbled
>      the cellular Internet capability of its iPhone...

Cringely, aka Mark Stephens, has a habit of making outlandish inferences
-- some of which have come true, I guess, but any conspiracy he
conceives of has to be viewed with some reasoned scepticism. This is the
same guy who falsely claimed to have a PhD from Standford
(http://snipurl.com/pbsAnalystFalsely)

Then again, if he is right on this crass marketing explanation, then it
will be a feather in his cap. . . .

Greg

PS I do find Cringely interesting to read, but he is almost like a
stoned-out friend coming up with wild, but plausible theories on
everything. It might be enthralling to listen to him, but you got to
decide the big picture for yourself.