(keitai-l) Re: Symbian drops the ball; Microsoft kicks a field goal

From: Greg Conquest (home) <conquest_at_spamcop.net>
Date: 01/27/07
Kyle Barrow wrote:

> Japanese mobiles have never been open; Windows Mobile is an anomaly
> with a relatively tiny Japanese user base.

I don't like Microsoft at all; I value user control and freedom. Yet, it
appears that MS did do something right in bringing a more open platform
to Japan. Does Microsoft require full WM5 functionality as part of its
licensing, while Symbian let's the vendor does as he or she pleases --
potentially diminishing the value of the OS in the process?

Greg Conquest