(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo to offer flat rate data plan from March

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/02/07
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> So currently if you want to use the full
> browser, you have to pay as you go for packets it generates[1].
> [1] You can get steeply discounted per-packet rates by paying an
> extra 1000, 3000, 6000, or 9000 JPY/month for a Packet Plan (the
> rate goes down the more you pay; it's 0.1 JPY/packet if you pay
> 1000 JPY, goes down to 0.015 JPY/packet if you pay 9000 JPY/month).

Actually, if you have packet-houdai, you get the highest discount rate
above for all packets not covered by the all-you-can-eat plan (0.015
JPY/packet). So using a full browser is not really all that bad, though
it's not great, either.

In my experimentation, it cost me about ten yen per page. I use the
full browser once in a while when I am away from a computer and really
need to see a page that the i-Mode browser won't display, and I don't
find the charges excessive. However, I wouldn't want to be using it for
everything, of course.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974