(keitai-l) Re: Japan's KDDI to provide cellphone service in U.S

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/10/07
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Tim Smith wrote:

> Bear in mind, wireless costs in the US (per minute) are still far
> lower than ANYTHING in Japan.

For voice calls, yes. But compare the cost of SMS in the US vs. keitai
e-mail in Japan.

> CRM costs - so what do you want? Prompt service when you call an
> operator (averages maybe once or twice a year), or rock bottom calling
> prices?

How about carriers that don't outright lie about their rates, such as
the issue with Verizon quoting 0.02 cents per megabyte and then charging
2 cents per megabyte (a hundred times as much), and not having spend
hours over a half dozen or more phone calls to get the charge reversed.

As I said, go to consumerist.com and check out the stories. I'm not
talking about holding times here, I'm talking about customer service
reps using deception and outright lies to trick people into paying for
things they don't want.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974