(keitai-l) Re: Sending Emoji to Softbank handsets from PHP

From: Karl Willis <darcysays_at_gmail.com>
Date: 05/14/07
Thanks for the replies.

> you need to find out the softbank sjis codes, which actually do exist.
> but mostly ppl use utf8 for SB it seems.

Well it actually did turn out to be an encoding problem. After using
iso-2022-jp I switched to SHIFT_JIS and it worked using the following
from the example table linked below:
$emoji = pack("C*",0x1b,0x24,0x47,0x21,0x0f);

So I know iso-2022-jp works on AU, and have yet to try docomo....
maybe SHIFT_JIS will work on them all? I am not sure what the
advantage/disadvantage of using UTF-* might be?

> last time i looked into this i had to create a form, render in sjis,
> then punch in all emoji and see what codes came out server-side. if
> you find a list of this let me know!

I cam across this table here:
http://trialgoods.com/emoji/?career=php&page=1
Which looks to be very useful.