(keitai-l) Re: more imode nonsense.

From: Michael Sydenham <msydenham_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/23/07
On 7/23/07, Timothy J Mckinnon <webmechanic@telstra.com> wrote:

> Imode has not been "dropped" by Telstra in Austalia.

I guess that's right, but it was never really "picked up" either (by Telstra
or its consumers).

> Perhaps it was never as
> popular as they envisioned, but hey, that is what marketing is all about.

i-mode in Australia was woefully marketed, and developer support was
marginal. I doubt Telstra reached their subscriber targets. I personally
thought much more could have been done to promote i-mode in Australia. On
the other hand, maybe no amount of promotion would have helped, since a
recent mobile usage survey in Australia (finding reported on TV) suggested
that the average Australian mobile user is not interested in mobile
interactive content & services - they just want to talk & SMS. Telstra
should have picked up and pushed felica on the back of i-mode.

Regards

Michael.